Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday's Teaser I Don't Get....

Today is Tuesday and I had discovered that every blog that I'm following is posting their teasers... Honestly, I don't read every one of them.... I picked one randomly, or 2..... no more than that...cause I have no time... (am blogging about this cause I have 5 minutes, waiting for my clients' staff to fix up their presentation equipment for me to make my case...)

Some teasers are great, others are okay, while some, I just don't get it. This teaser I found in Bibliophile By The Sea is one of those that I don't get for the following reason:

How can it be?? "She felt caught here now, like a bird in a net, and however much she struggled she would never escape", and yet, she can actually escape by climbing from her window and run like a mad thing along the white road...
So, this character does have a choice to be free...(while a caught bird in the net doesn't)... I think the book's author probably is too tired when writing this.....
The book's author said the character could never escape and then immediately said she could. I just don't get this one.... may be I'm stupid...

2 comments:

Harvee said...

Try my teaser. The writing is quite good.
My teaser.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

"She felt caught here now, like a bird in a net, and however much she struggled she would never escape. If she wished to be free, she must go now, climb from her window and run like a mad thing along the white road that stretched like a snake across the moors. Tomorrow it would be to late."

(I understand why you might feel that way. You'd have to read more to understand fully and I prefer not to get into the plot line).

Post a Comment