Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Touching Poem from an Enjoyable Romance Novel

I really love this poem  from this book that I recently read.  I just have to share it with all of you who love  reading romance novels. All it takes is a memorable melody to make it  a great country song.  Too bad I don't know how to play the guitar...
***************************************************************************
After the victory and the parade,
After the hometown band has played,
After the cheers and four long years,
Can we, at last, break free of our fears?

After the bombs and cannonade,
After the bravery you displayed,
After the pain and wounds that bled,
Can you face with me what lies ahead?

I stand and I wait and I long for a sign.
The love you once gave, will it sill be mine?
Can we recapture the passion mislaid?
Will you come back to me, after the parade?

No comments:

Post a Comment