Friday, May 6, 2011

Book Review: Gone With a Handsomer Man


When I received this book, I was skeptical because I'm not into bubbly and cheesy romance fictions. However, I had the wrong first impression about this book. After I read the first couple pages, I was hooked. I was laughing all by myself in my neighborhood cafe while I was reading the first chapter during breakfast. Other patrons were looking at me with concerns. (I hope I didn't look like I was high on drugs.) Anyway, this book is, as of today,the funniest novel I had read in my life. The story is not just funny, it also has brilliant plots as a mystery and thriller. It's amazing how this book can have romance and suspense weaved with so much humor. The heroine is just too adorable and fun. Even the murderer is very lovable and hilarious with a lot of wits and quirkiness. This novel is a very entertaining page turner that gave me a lot of laugh and happiness while I was reading it. The ending of the story is surprisingly fun also. I was caught off guard by the shockingly twisted very end of the book. The author really out-smarted me with a funny finale that I didn't expect was coming. I think this book has the potential of becoming a hit TV series just like "Sex in the City" but with a totally different story and different heroine.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Can't wait to read it...Your review has me itching to get to the bookstore. Tomorrow...tomorrow!
Jane

NerdyMe said...

Yeah, Jane, this is a really fun book to read!!

Anonymous said...

This is our Book Club's pick for next week (Normally we don't meet in the summer and we decided to read some fluff in the summer and concentrate on the coffee and friendship more than the books) Many of us are also in LunchBunch! that met today and it was all we could talk about!! Ages range from 26 to 89. A great read and we all think it's going to be a great series as well. We saw the book in People magazine...

NerdyMe said...

You will love this book. This book is a lot of fun and is totally entertaining. I think this is perfect for reading on a cruise, or on the beach. You guys will have a great laugh together. Can you email me your bookclub meetings and schedule because i would love to learn more.

Post a Comment