Friday, January 2, 2009

Sugar and Spice


This book has 4 short stories of Christmas romance from 4 different authors. The story line for each is pretty silly and cheesy, none of the stories is impressive to me, and neither are any of the characters. I personally feel all the characters act a little childish. But I have to say I quite enjoy the 13 recipes that the book provides. It is overall a fast and easy read, and it does help set up the mood for Christmas. The recipes are pretty good. I baked a lot of goodies after I read the book. Oh, one of the stories in the book does have one good quote, "True leaders who climb the ladder of success always keep one hand free to help those behind them." That's the only intelligent writing in the entire book!!
The following are the 13 recipes:
1. Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
2. Bon-Bon Brownies
3. Lemon Meringue Pie
4. Double Apple Crisp
5. Strawberry Shortcake Swensen
6. Cherry Cheesecake
7. Blue Blueberry Muffins
8. Minnesota Peach Cobbler
9. Fudge Cupcakes
10. Multiple-Choice Cookie Bars
11. Christmas Sugar Cookies
12. Christmas Date Cake
13. White Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints
I would like to exchange this book with any of the old books you read. Please email me if you are interested in the exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment