Saturday, February 26, 2011

Book Review: Winter Garden


I just finished reading this book and I am still recovering from the emotional ride it took me. This book is about how an atypical fairy tale story launched a soul searching, and past probing journey for a mother and her two daughters. It's during this journey that the three women found the pieces of themselves that they had been missing. It's a family drama about mother, daugthers and sisters. The secret behind the winter garden is as shocking as it is heart warming. I had never read any story that is so suspenseful and haunting, so tragic yet so celebratory, so sad and yet so sweet, so historical and yet so contemporary. Just as I thought the mystery was solved, I was greatly surprised by the very ending. Just as I thought I had shed enough tears, I shed more on the last couple pages. I personally think this book will make a great movie and an oscar nominating one that will let actresses showcase the depth of their acting skills. I highly recommend this book. You can click here to participate in our bookclub discussion for this book. Below is a video in which the author talks about her book:

1 comment:

Future Mrs. Kleinbriel said...

Great review on the book. I'd read several of her books before this one came out, but this was the one that made me fall in love with her writing. I recommend her books to everyone I know.

Post a Comment